Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed increasing pain along with a tingly sensation in my left heel. It hurts to walk on it and the pain gets a bit better while I’m sitting down. My feet tend to roll inwards as well.
Could this be what’s called a heel spur? Are there any ways of easing this pain and what could it be?
First of all I am sorry that you have this pain which prevents you from standing/walking normally.
However, from your description it is very hard to determine exactly what is wrong with your heel.
If it’s not too much of a hassle then definitely have it checked out by a Podiatrist, but if you don’t want to or can’t, then follow these home remedies.
1) In general you should be completely resting your injured foot – No walking or standing at all (Use crutches if needed)
2) Ice your heel at least 4 times a day, either by applying ice directly or by rolling a frozen bottle under your heel when you sit down.
3) Take pain medication like Advil only if needed
Now, you say you might have a “heel spur” but In order to understand your condition better and to give you a better diagnosis please answer these questions:
1) Is it sensitive to the touch/press on it?
2) Where exactly is the pain located in your heel?
3) Do you have high or low arches in your feet?
4) Is there any redness or bruising visible?
5) What kind of shoes you usually wear?
6) Did you start any sports activities lately?
You can write to me directly if you prefer, my email is in my profile.
Good luck and feel better
heel pain:What could be the cause of my heel pain?
If you have seen our San Francisco Podiatry Practice and have forgotten how to do the stretches to relieve your plantar fasciitis without surgery, you can watch this informal instructional video to remind yourself how the heel pain stretches should be performed. These are three of the stretches that are recommended to our heel pain (plantar fasciitis) patients who have seen Dr. Christopher Segler of Doc On The Run: San Francisco Bay Area Podiatry House Calls. If you have not seen a podiatrist who diagnosed plantar fasciitis, DO NOT begin this or any other any stretching or exercise routine without an evaluation by a doctor. This stretching routine only takes a few minutes per day do relieve your morning heel pain.
So bad…we got lost on our way back to our hotel (little did we know it was just on the other side of Plaza de Mayor that wall there) Fritzie was walking in heels and in so much pain! We were lost for over an hr. I was trying to find our hotel and at the same time not lose Fritzie walking behind me. I walk fast…its funny now!
- bottom of heel hurts say nothing is there
- what could be wrong with my painful heel
- what could be wrong when pain from backside of heal on foot
- what could be causing heal pain
- my heel is killing me what could be wrong
- my heel hurt what could it be
- left heel hurts
- im having pain in my heel whag could that be
- hurt my heal of my foot what could it be
- heel hurts what could it be
- what is wrong with my left heal